David, I don't think anyone has mentioned let alone focused on 'the monetary value of such works to libraries'. What has been mentioned, in passing, was one motive why writers might sell their manuscripts to libraries. Whether or not we agree with their aesthetic preferences, libraries will presumably be concerned with 'literary value they have and not on the bottom dollar' for their acquisitions. Not even sure where this last idea comes from.