Though I was taking a contrary view this still chimes with me. There is something preposterous about being fashed about an improbable future.
  But we do care what the world will be like even when we're not here to enjoy it and I don't see why that shouldn't apply to what we leave in it, however insignificant that is.
  I know that the visual arts are another thing because of their materiality, but an experience I had with them is, at least for me, related. I once gave to a friend a very intricate collage which took days to make, and some five years later when visiting found all the tiny pieces of coloured paper piled behind the glass at the bottom of the frame. I'd been using the equivalent of pritstick. I started making enquiries and from then on have been using a top-of-the-range German glue. (Which doesn't even cost that much more.) Call it vanity, or consideration, but if you make something it seems reasonable to want to make it last. Does this make any sense?

Jamie (m)

Sent from my iPad