At Dispatches, we will be revealing, near future, a poetry hoax that has
been circulating for many years, unchallenged, as an authentic work of
poetry. It was published by one of the world's most prestigious presses,
which to this day presents the work as perfectly authentic and
venerable, and no one, apparently, has noticed otherwise.
The editors of this leading press are either unaware of the hoax, or
they have purposely peddled the work as Real for a very long time, now.
If the latter scenario is the case, some assumptions and past indignant
stances may need to be reevaluated and tweaked in certain poetry-police
circles.

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 08/27/16 6:27 PM >>>

I'm more of book person than a ms. person. So I was very impressed a
number of years ago (10 now probably) when it was reported that 2 and a
half tractor-trailer loads of poetry books (including many rare and
first editions) were delivered to the Emory Library...courtesy of
Raymond Danowski:

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/danowskipoetrylibrary/danowski-biography/

 I'm glad such places exist. I hope people in a hundred years still care
about books. I imagine if I rolled up to my local library with just
small panel van filled with poetry books, they'd probably turn me away.
Not interested, they'd say...we're reducing shelf space and expanding
our digital media lab.

 I tried to get into the Emory Library poetry and ms. collection last
fall when on a biz trip to Atlanta. But after making my way to top of
the library, I was met with signs that it was closed for renovation and
improvement. The guard who checked me in at library's door didn't seem
to know that the top floors were closed off for renovations. Maybe next
time I'll be luckier.

 Finnegan