I guess with print-outs you mean “of emails” re correspondence (plus ms. of writing of course), one of the major items libraries are interested in.  It is getting problematic in this electronic age to “sell” said electronic archives as U libs & agents evaluate an archive along traditional lines of “the original letter from x top y, the priginal ms. of that novel….etc” — which is worth a lot, while an email between the same two, or an e-version of the ms. is worth nothing, as reproducible ad infinitum with no “original” in sight. Even a printout is not an “original” — I finally didn’t bother to do print-outs, and if I remember correctly I gave, for example, the correspondence between jerry and me on the millennium anthos to the U library on a hard-disk.

Pierre

> On Aug 27, 2016, at 10:40 AM, Mark Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I don't, tho I've thought about it. I was approached by one library some years ago. But I'm terminally disorganized, and I'd have to devote a lot of time to it that at the moment I prefer to use otherwise. I hope to get to it in the future.  I doubt, however, that there will be much money involved. More than one's own mss, what they look for is correspondence with folks that scholars might be interested in.
>
> Pierre, correct me if I'm wrong: my understanding is that libraries prefer print-outs.
>
> Best,
>
> Mark

The poet: always in partibus infidelium -- Paul Celan

Pierre Joris
cell (USA): 518 225 7123
cell (EUR): 06 42 18 58 95
email: [log in to unmask]