Tim, this sounds like a jeer to me.  Why not try explaining why I’m wrong.
I did preface the remark ‘It may be my ignorance...’ That wasn’t merely a rhetorical flourish. Apart from Larkin I’ve read very little of the Movement poets (though I have looked at the first New Lines anthology) and so I’d claim no expertise in the matter at all.
Jamie

From: Tim Allen
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2016 4:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: a bit ofresearch

Now black is white and white is black so let's look forward 'cause we can't look back.

On 1 Aug 2016, at 14:39, Jamie McKendrick wrote:

  It may be my ignorance but, despite the notoriety it persists in having, I can't really see the Movement as a 'movement' at all. A few anti-modernist tenets assembled piece-meal by Amis and Conquest, with the blessing of Larkin, a reactive dislike of emotional exuberance etc. The association of poets such as Thom Gunn and, the even more unlikely Ted Hughes with their second New Lines, makes it a church so broad it's hardly a church at all, more like a vague atmosphere. I'm always perplexed as to why something that barely exists has been assigned such a persistent hegemony.
  Jamie