Dear Colleagues
I'd be grateful for any advice concerning signing off the information governance side for a proposed CKD database run by the renal teams.

The proposal is  to hoover up all EGFR tests  (and possibly other blood tests such as FBC) on a population previously  identified from the lab database as having low eGFR.  Patient consent is not proposed.

I am particularly concerned because as it now stands this will be irrespective of whether those results originate from private/nhs/occupational requests, two different hospital Trusts, a community Trust, a mental health Trust etc etc.
Patient consent is not proposed.

If anyone's had to go through this (since IG became such a can of worms) please let me know how/who had to sign it off.

Thankyou

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk