Dear all,

it is, in analogy to Nadja's remarks on red deer, the "Herzkreuz(l)" ("heart-cross") of alpine ibex, used as apotropaic and allegedly, among other ibex-products, responsible for the extirpation of this species in the late medieval/early postmedieval. Must be plenty of ethnological literature on it (Couturier's monograph?).

all best wishes

Karl