Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that has become available a translation into
English of issue No. 44 of the Circular of the Network for Cooperation in
Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Development in Latin
America and the Caribbean. You can download it (in PDF) at:
http://repositorio.cepal.org/bitstream/handle/11362/40256/1/Carta44_en.pdf

Contents of issue No. 44:

- Ineffectiveness of water laws in Latin America.
- Water, energy and food nexus.
- Analysis, prevention and resolution of water conflicts.
- Energy efficiency and economic regulation.
- Policies and institutional frameworks for drinking water supply and
sanitation.
- The major rivers of Mendoza and San Juan: climate change impact and
vulnerability.
- Formulating Water Policies in the context of the post-2015 Development
Agenda.
- Regional Consultation on Water Security.
- IV Latin American Sanitation Conference.
- Plurinational State of Bolivia: Decade of Irrigation Law.
- Chile: National Water Resources Policy.
- Costa Rica: National Hydrological and Meteorological Committee.
- Honduras: Presidential Commission for Water Sector Coordination.
- Peru: Decree Regulating the Monitoring and Management of Groundwater.

Hard copies are available by air mail, free of charge, while our extremely
limited supplies last. Requests should be addressed to me, Andrei
Jouravlev, [log in to unmask], INDICATING YOUR COMPLETE POSTAL
ADDRESS. ** Please, do NOT SEND REQUESTS TO THIS E-MAIL (do not use
"REPLY"), but directly to [log in to unmask] **

Yours sincerely,

Andrei S. Jouravlev
Economic Affairs Officer
Natural Resources and Infrastructure Division
Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)

La versión original en español del número 44 se encuentra disponible en
PDF en (lamentablemente NO nos quedan copias impresas):
http://repositorio.cepal.org/bitstream/handle/11362/40082/Carta44_es.pdf