Dear network,
This week Amy Sharrocks and I launched the Walking Women programme at Somerset House, it culminates this weekend in a veritable stampede of walking works: talks, walks and screenings, with over 40 artists presenting their work.

We think this could be the largest gathering of walking artists (so far) and are really excited to spend time with old friends and new contacts alike, hearing about, watching and experiencing your work.

We hope you'll join us for as much of the programme as you can.

Highlights include a screening session of the Afghan artist Kubra Khademi's short films - introduced Lois Keidan, director of the Live Art Development Agency (Saturday 16th July 5pm), Louise Ann Wilson speaking about her epic performance walks in wild landscapes (Sunday 17th, 3.30pm), Amy Sharrocks' Bus Pass, the gift of a ticket with which to explore London anew, and Jennie Savage's audio walk Guide to Getting Lost (both available 11th - 17th July 11-6pm), Dee Heddon's new Walking Library for Women Walking takes to the streets (16th July 6pm, 17th July 11am).
We are also delighted to have added Yasmeen Sabri's live version of Walk a Mile in her Veil, (available 16th -17th July 11-2pm) to the programme.
There are also pecha-kucha format artists' talks, short film screenings, Dee's walking library for women walking, a wikipedia edit-a-thon supported by the Live Art Development Agency's study room collection on walking women, a screening of MARCH, Anna Birch's suffragette inspired film (17th July 5pm) and much more.

The full programme is available here: http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/walking-women
All events are free, though some require booking.

Hope to see you tomorrow!
All best
Clare