Hi All

Any walking artists involved in this initiative?

Best, Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

From: Samuel Read - 38 Degrees <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 5 July 2016 17:39:28 GMT+01:00
To: Andrew Stuck <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fancy a walk?

38 Degrees
38 Degrees Logo
Make sure 38 Degrees emails reach your inbox: add [log in to unmask] to your contacts. If you would like to unsubscribe click [log in to unmask]">here.

Dear Andrew,

The ancient woodlands of the New Forest. The lochs of the Cairngorms. The beauty of the Lake District. And the rugged Pembrokeshire coast. 80 years ago a group of ordinary people got together to protect the UK’s most beautiful outdoor spaces - the result was our beautiful national parks. [1]

To celebrate, 38 Degrees have teamed up with the Campaign for National Parks to host walks and art activities in some of the most stunning places in the UK. [2]

The events will be held in all 15 of the UK’s national parks on 30th July. Everyone’s welcome - the more the merrier. And the walks will be ok for all ages, so feel free to bring children, friends, relatives - even your dog - along!

Would you like to be one of the first to reserve a space? As a regular donor to 38 Degrees we wanted to offer a space to you before they fill up. Use the button below to see a map of the events, find out more, and RSVP!

At each national park, there will be two activities to choose from.

  • A walk led by a local guide who’ll share the history of our stunning peaks, valleys, moors and the wildlife that lives there.
  • And an arts workshop - ‘art in nature’ - led by a local artist, who’ll take you through an interactive workshop to create artwork inspired by your surroundings.
  • Activities will be between an hour and three hours long, accessible by public transport, and free to take part in.
  • All you need to bring is sturdy footwear, a packed lunch … and a raincoat just in case!

As 38 Degrees members we often come together to protect our incredible outdoor spaces. But there’s no campaign this time - just a chance to meet up and enjoy our countryside at the height of summer when Britain is at it’s most beautiful.

So are you free on Saturday 30th July? Use the button below to find out more and RSVP to the national park you’d like to go to:

Thanks for being involved,

Samuel, Megan, Maddy and the 38 Degrees team

PS: Right now it seems no-one has a plan for Brexit, That means 38 Degrees members, including you, have a real chance to shape what happens next. Here’s what 38 Degrees members are planning so far:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/brexit-plan-blog

NOTES:
[1] 38 Degrees: The history of the campaign for national parks:
https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/1053
[2] Campaign for National Parks:
http://www.cnp.org.uk/

38 Degrees is funded by donations from thousands of members across the UK. Making a regular donation will mean 38 Degrees can stay independent and plan for future campaigns. Please will you chip in a few pounds a week?

Work with 38 Degrees

Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to be part of our movement and receive our emails you can [log in to unmask]">unsubscribe here.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]>

38 DEGREES
Limited by guarantee
Registered Company No. 6642193 in England and Wales
Registered office: 40 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0NE
Edinburgh office: Room 10, 57 Queen Charlotte Street Leith, Edinburgh EH6 7EY

ANDREW STUCK
Managing Director
Rethinking Cities Ltd
07725555460
http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities
2015/6 Scholar - Innovation, Creativity & Leadership - City University-Cass Business School, London

Producer - Talking Walking

Founding Director of the Museum of Walking