Hi John,

A follow up question with DARTEL normalization of fMRI data. As you replied previously (https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=spm;6d04fba6.1202), fMRI DARTEL normalization will have holes because that voxels in the original image are pushed to their new locations by scanning through the original and adding their values to the appropriate locations of the normalised version. The holes are pretty severe when normalize the fMRI data to 2x2x2 voxels.

You mentioned a solution is to smooth the data. However, if we are interested in some fine structures (e.g., amygdala) and need to avoid smooth, what kind of other remedy you will suggest?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Chao-Gan