Sharmii,

You should also remove the covariate as covariates aren't valid in repeated-measure GLMs, only linear mixed-effects models.

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Shane Mckie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Sharmii

Have you set the variance for the subject factor to equal?

bw

Shane

Shane McKie
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit
Stopford Building
University of Manchester and Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre
0161 275 1740

-----Original Message-----
From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sharmili Edwin
Sent: 19 July 2016 08:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Flexible Factorial design taking very long

Dear SPM experts,

I'm running a seed based connectivity analysis with resting state data and a pharmacological intervention.

I have thirteen subjects with four intervention doses and seven timepoints (4x7).

So for each subject I have 28 conditions. So far I have used a full factorial design. To consider Subject as a factor, I would like to run a flexible factorial design. I'm also including one covariate.

The fullfactorial model took only a few minutes on a server using matlab 2014b.

However, the flexible factorial design is running more than a week. It is still checking for temporal non-sphericity.
I'm not getting any error message. At some point matlab crashes.

Do you know what might be wrong or what i could improve?

sharmili