I am looking for a postdoc to come and work with me for two to three years at the Center for Mind and Brain (CMB) at the University of California, Davis. The CMB is a leading, interdisciplinary research center dedicated to understanding the human mind and its links to the brain, located in sunny Davis, California, in between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe.

The postdoc will join the Learning and Decision Making Lab (PI: Dr. Erie Boorman) and lead research that combines computational modeling with fMRI, intracranial electrophysiology, and eye-tracking in humans. We investigate the computational and neural mechanisms that underpin learning, inference, and decision making. You can find out more about our research here: www.erieboorman.org. See job description below:

Postdoctoral scientist in computational approaches to Cognitive Neuroscience

The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of publication and relevant research experience in some of the tools and topics listed above. I am looking for someone who is creative, productive, numerate, and interested in the neural basis of learning and decision making (or related psychological constructs).  The candidate should be proficient in Matlab, R, and/or Python and have experience with fMRI, intracranial recording, and/or M/EEG data analysis approaches. Experience with FSL or SPM (or similar) is desirable. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.

Appointment is contingent upon completion of a PhD (although this can be forthcoming). Salary is commensurate with experience. This postdoc appointment will run for a period of two years to begin with, with the possibility of extending it to three years, depending on funding and the fit with the lab. The candidate would ideally start in September-December 2016 (with flexibility). Applications are accepted beginning July 15, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a C.V., statement of research interests, and 2-3 references to me at: [log in to unmask]