Dear Mike et al.

If I may add to Cyril's answer: There is no statistical ground for
fixing arbitrary the cluster size threshold to k=10.
Imagine you resampled you original data to either 2x2x2 mm3 or 3x3x3 mm3
voxel resolution, keep all else equal and assume this is minimally
affecting the underneath signal (which is true). Then for the same
activation pattern (from you original data) you would consider as
"interesting" a cluster of 80mm3 or 270mm3 volume depending on how you
resampled your data!!!
AFAIK this "p<.001 uncorrected and k=10" approach was used for *display
purposes only* in order to remove from the picture any "too small to
even consider" cluster of voxels and to make the image look prettier.

What you actually need to do is:
- take a voxel level cluster forming threshold, say p=.001 (or lower to
be on the safe side)
- derive the minimal cluster size (in voxels) for a cluster to be
significant, say at FWE p<.05.
For the latter you can use this little bit of code:
https://github.com/CyclotronResearchCentre/SPM_ClusterSizeThreshold
Note though that the results are valid only when smoothness is assumed
to be homogeneous all over the brain volume, i.e. when the cluster
extent threshold is the same across the brain!

Best,
Chris

Le 11/07/2016 à 14:01 :