The corrected version has a note in the help text mentioning that the issue has been corrected. If you grep the usage text for Eklund, it should show up something like this:

$ 3dClustSim | grep Eklund
** It was pointed out to me (by Anders Eklund and Tom Nichols) that smoothing
$

Whereas the old version:
$ 3dClustSim | grep Eklund
$

If I had to guess, I would suspect that your version may not be new, based on the 2011_12_12_1014 string there. I have a version like that here:
$ afni -version
Precompiled binary =Debian-x86_64-1-gnu: Mar  6 2016 (Version AFNI_2011_12_21_1014)
$

That is definitely not the corrected version.

-Mike