Please feel free to forward the following Call for Papers to colleagues, graduate students, and other listservs.

The International Sidney Society is sponsoring two open  sessions at Kalamazoo in 2017, as described below. Please send abstracts of 250 words along with the participant information form required by the Congress to Nandra Perry at [log in to unmask].

     This Way Out: Sidneian Endings and Exits

This session invites attention to techniques and problems of closure in writings produced or inspired by the authors of the Sidney Circle, broadly construed.  In addition to the obvious exit of death, we welcome papers that consider the Sidneian sense (or nonsense) of an ending as it relates to poetics, narrative, biography, correspondence, and editorial practice.

     The Sidneys and the Sister Arts

 This session seeks to recover the relationship of Sidneian texts to the visual and musical cultures within which they originated and circulated.  How did emergent discourses of visual and musical “making” influence Sidneian poetics?  What is the role of art and music within the works themselves? What is the Sidney legacy to art, book illustration, music, and musical theater?  We invite papers on all authors and texts inspired by the literary legacy of Philip and Mary Sidney and welcome a wide variety of disciplinary perspectives,

Submission deadline: September 15, 2016

 Participant Information Form (due by September 15): https://wmich.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/u434/2016/medieval-pif-2017.pdf

Contact: [log in to unmask]

--