From: James Arnold
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 1:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Harris Museum Preston: History Gallery Feedback Workshop

Dear SHCG members,

When we redisplayed our history gallery three years ago at the Harris Museum in Preston, we set ourselves a series of aims for its evaluation, including:

·         The new History Gallery will strive to achieve a new approach to the interpretation of local history collections.

We’d now value your help in assessing how we did against this and the other aims for our final evaluation and reporting.

We’d like to invite up to a dozen SHCG members to take part in a workshop to share their professional insights on the Discover Preston gallery and social history interpretation in general. This will take place on Tuesday 9 August between 12 noon and 3pm. Lunch will be provided (and tea/coffee from 11.30am) and we will pay travel costs (standard off-peak train fare or equivalent). Preston has excellent motorway and train links – London 2 hours 10 mins, Glasgow 2 hours 20 mins.

You can get a feel for the gallery on our website http://www.harrismuseum.org.uk/exhibitions/7-new-history-gallery

If you can spare the time to help, we’d love to hear your views. Please let us know as soon as you can if you’re able to attend – given the holidays, please email both me (James Arnold [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and (Sue Latimer [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) – and we’ll send more information.
Kind Regards,
James
James Arnold

History Curator

[Telephone]

Telephone: +441772905406<tel:+441772905406>

[Location]

Museum and Arts
Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Market Square, Preston, PR1 2PP

[Preston City Council]<http://www.preston.gov.uk/>

[Banner]<http://www.preston.gov.uk/businesses/markets/sunday-market>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/prestonproud>

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/prestoncouncil>

[Flickr]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/proudprestonian/>

[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/PrestonCouncil>

[The Prestonian]<https://forms.preston.gov.uk/ShowForm.asp?fm_fid=247>

[E-Billing]<http://www.preston.gov.uk/yourservices/council-tax/council-tax-billing>

Preston City Council is a Living Wage Employer.

This message and any file or link transmitted with it is confidential, subject to copyright, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged information. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, distribution or publication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender by reply email and destroy and delete the message and all copies from your computer.

Any views expressed within the body of this message are solely those of the author(s) involved, and do not necessarily represent those of Preston City Council.

This message has been scanned for viruses.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST