Dear Colleagues,

As we have recently announced the key themes and plenary speakers (http://bit.ly/29GbuVN) at our Vitae Researcher Development International Conference (12-13 September, Manchester), this is a gentle reminder that you have just over a week to get the benefit of early bird discount at this year’s event.  If your organisation is a Vitae member (http://bit.ly/1SBQygM), you qualify for an additional member discount as well as the 3 for 2 offer. Please note the offers end on the 1st August and residential places always run out - so book early to avoid disappointment.

Here is your link to the discounted rates: http://bit.ly/2adeLxZ

Conference features:

•	Network at the largest researcher development event worldwide: With expert keynote talks, up to 400 delegates, over 50 interactive workshops and many networking opportunities for practice sharing, it is the largest event for all of those with a strategic and practical role in developing researchers around the world.

•	New to conference?: The two days are a perfect way to scan the international researcher development landscape and hear the latest strategic views from our keynote speakers covering key themes of Open Science, researcher recruitment, gender equality and both
PGR and research staff development.

The programme

This year´s event, will open with talks by:
•	David Sweeney, Director of Research, Education and Knowledge Exchange, HEFCE;
•	Dr Conor O’Carroll, Chair of European Commission Steering Group of Human Resources and Mobility; and
•	Professor Matt Lambon Ralph from the University of Manchester exploring ´the strategic and global context for developing researchers´.

The afternoon divides into half-plenaries on doctoral education and on the careers of research staff, with the UK Final of the Three Minute Thesis Competition taking place over dinner.
Day 2 looks forward to the opportunities and challenges for researcher development, including presentations by experts on citizen science, interdisciplinary research and the gender dimension of research.

Please note you can still contribute to the programme by proposing a special interest session or a poster by 22 July 2016.

We look forward to seeing you in Manchester, the European City of Science 2016!

View our conference programme here: http://bit.ly/29GbuVN

Best regards,

Beata

Beata Pędziwiatr