Posting on behalf of a friend. Happy to share details if anyone is interested in an informal conversation about the role.

Research Communications Manager at Bloodwise
Based in Holborn, London
Permanent, Full-Time
Starting salary: £33,152 per annum

Formerly known as Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research, Bloodwise is the largest UK blood cancer charity and the biggest dedicated funder of research into all types of blood cancer. Every year our scientists publish high-impact research that helps improve treatment for people living with blood cancer. Our investment in research has been fundamental to the UK developing a strong research base in blood cancers that is recognised for its quality around the world. We also provide information and support for people living with blood cancers such as leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma because we believe everyone should be able to live their life to the full.

Join us as our Research Communications Manager and you will have a pivotal role in telling our story. As a key member of the Research Directorate, you will gather and manage information about Bloodwise funded research and our strategic priorities for research. Working with teams across the organisation, you will develop compelling stories to help our fundraisers generate income and support our communications objectives in the national media and beyond. You will work confidently and creatively with a range of channels to ensure that information about Bloodwise funded research is accessible to staff, supporters and the public.

Along with previous experience of communicating medical research to professional and public audiences, you will need to have worked successfully in a high paced, high delivery and complex environment, with a wide range of stakeholders. Your strong planning skills will help you manage your own work and help others make the best use of our investment in research.  Your love of working with people will drive your collaborative approach, as you work with people from a range of backgrounds to share your passion for the benefits that research delivers.

If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and cover letter via our website

Closing date: 13 July 2016

Interviews scheduled: 22 July 2016

Click here for the job pack

Click here to apply

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)