There are two weeks left to apply for our Science Communication programme at Rhine-Waal University. Compared to other programmes most of which either focus on science journalism or on training researchers in communication skills, our emphasis is more on socio-political aspects and on issues of institutional governance in science communication. Our students also dive much deeper into evaluation and research methodologies than what you may expect from what technically is an undergraduate programme. Probably due to the depth in which we are able to train our students for three full years, they often enter our programme with previous work experience or education in natural or social sciences. Some students are older than 30 years when they enter the course. Some are married and have kids, which is probably rather unusual for an 'undergraduate' course. Neither experience nor previous university degrees are formal entry requirements, though credit-transfers may shorten the study time.

>> http://bit.ly/SciComm-DE

Just like all of our degrees in the faculty, the full-fledged programme is entirely taught in English. Only 20% of our students are from Germany; the others come from more than a hundred different countries. We explicitly try not to approach science communication from a US/Eurocentric perspective, but work comparatively in such an intercultural environment when it comes to the systems of science, media, or politics.

Our brand-new campus is located roughly half-way between Cologne and Amsterdam, close to the invisible borders between Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium. Cleves is a mid-size university town of 50 K inhabitants with a castle on top, around the corner of Nijmegen (NL) and in walking-distance to the Rhine.

We are grateful that this course still does not require anyone to pay tuition fees -- regardless of where they are from.

For more details, please feel free to take a look at some of the media coverage on SciDev; The EuroScientist; the AlphaGalileo Newsletter.

>> http://bit.ly/SciDev-SciComm
>> http://bit.ly/ES-SciComm
>> http://bit.ly/AG-SciComm

Applications by 15 July via uniassist (an external service-provider which charges about 50 Euros to process the application).

Apart from the usual eligibility criteria for studying at a European university (mainly 12 years of school education), the only requirement for our programme is a good English language proficiency.

>> https://www.uni-assist.de/online/?lang=en

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)