Hi there

     I think a lot will depend on the type of vehicles he drives in terms of fitness for duty driving.  However I am a bit confused.  If he is applying to get his licence reinstated then why is he driving his own car?   If he is and he hasn’t got his licence back you should tell him that you are going to inform the DVLA.  There is a level of protection here around confidentiality where breach is necessary as it is unequivocally in the public interest, although I would take professional advice on this from a professional body such as the RCN first.

Helen

DVLA website

https://www.gov.uk/epilepsy-and-driving

Helen Parsons
Principal Occupational Health Nurse Adviser
Department of Occupational Health and Wellbeing
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Denmark Hill
London
SE5 9RS

Telephone: 020 3299 7535

Email: [log in to unmask]

King's College Hospital Occupational Health and Wellbeing Department
is fully accredited to the standards for Safe Effective Quality
Occupational Health Services. www.seqohs.org