In October 1825 Humphry Davy apologises to the astronomer Heinrich Christian Schumacher that he was out of London and thus unable to welcome a visitor who may have been recommended by Schumacher  a M. Julius.    I have not been able to trace (Monsieur?) Julius other than to speculate that this might be  Julius Leo of Berlin. The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, ix (1823), 409 reported that Julius Leo had confirmed that earth worms multiply by laying eggs..   But I have found no evidence to link Julius Leo with Schumacher.

Can listmembers identify M. Julius?

thanks
Tim Fulford
Editor
The Collected Letters of Humphry Davy (OUP, 2018)