There were two interesting aspects of 'presentism' in 'Local History news';
the magazine of the British Local History Association.

One was a person who could not understand how a 17th century bible (said to
have belonged to Charles I) could have been printed without the  aid of a
typewriter, and was unable to comprehend the concept of typesetting.

The other was a person who could not understand how people had lived in a
house which had only recently become a museum. 'You mean  people actually
lived here?  It wasn't built as a museum? They had furniture and things?'
And when told that it was the furniture in the room, 'that's amazing'.

Anne