From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Nicola Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 14 July 2016 15:27:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RFID - what details do you record on your tags?

Dear colleagues,

We have recently begun a project to implement RFID and we are at the point where we need to make decisions about what information is recorded on the tags.

I am interested to find out what information other libraries record on their tags - do you just have book barcodes and security information?  Or do you add other details, if so, what purpose is that additional data used for?

Thanks in advance for your responses - I will summarise for the list.

Best wishes,

Nicola Perry
Library Systems Manager
University of Roehampton | London | SW15 5SZ
[log in to unmask] | www.roehampton.ac.uk<http://www.roehampton.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8392 3700