*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear All,

Our July’s #uklibchat shall be discussing Librarianship across borders. In
particular, we shall look deeper into how this aspect of our profession can
develop strong connections and establish collaborations across library
sectors and become a global opportunity for all involved.

Librarianship can link people across borders, sectors and time. Librarians
are active through international networks such as #uklibchat
<https://uklibchat.wordpress.com/>, Career Development Group
<https://twitter.com/LAICDGroup>(Library Association of Ireland) and  LARK
Library Applied Research Kollektive, Australian Twitter chats
<https://twitter.com/aliangac>, International Librarians Network,
<http://interlibnet.org/how-the-program-works/matching-program-participants/>
and
CILIP’s Special Interest Groups
<http://www.cilip.org.uk/about/special-interest-groups>, andSLA Europe
<http://www.sla-europe.org/>.

Many librarians have moved internationally for job possibilities and hope
to remain connected with previous colleagues.

It opens up new possibilities within your career and library sector,
providing new insights and a renewed energy for librarianship.

Within this twitter chat, Library and Information Professionals can discuss
the opportunities and challenges these new networks bring. More
importantly, we can give new LIS Professionals an insight into how
Librarianship across borders can strengthen our profession all the more.

Our agenda for the chat is active, please add any questions you would wish
to see discussed:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DRm5PJDrI4RM5ayGB-1ra3jmKKctT-z1XlU-zyNagKo/edit

You may also be interested in our blog post:
https://uklibchat.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/feature-36-connections-and-collaborations/

Best wishes

#uklibchat team