We are very sad to announce that Professor Jack Meadows passed away on Monday night. He had been ill for some time and died peacefully, with family members at his side. As per his wishes, the funeral will be for family members only. His family are also planning a memorial celebration, hopefully to be held on what would have been his 83rd birthday, on 24 January 2017. The contribution that Jack made to information science – and to astronomy – was profound and will continue to bear influence long after his death.

We pass on our sincere and heartfelt condolences to all Jack’s family and friends, and to all information professionals worldwide.

Dr Louise Cooke

Head of Information Management Discipline Group

School of Business & Economics (Room BE 1.31a)

Loughborough University

Loughborough

Leics. LE11 3TU

Tel. +44 (0)1509 228058