***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear List Members,

Thanks to the Heritage Lottery Fund the British Library is offering a 12 week paid internship working on one of the projects that make up the British Library’s ambitious Save Our Sounds programme - http://www.bl.uk/projects/save-our-sounds

A key part of the role will be to listen to a sample of sound recordings, identify potential data protection issues and report back. The intern will help us test our assumptions around the data protection processes needed for the project and contribute to our preparations for our stage two HLF application.

Excellent English language skills, familiarity with archival catalogues, knowledge of data protection and great IT skills are essential.  Previous experience of audio archives is not essential but an interest in sound recordings and audio heritage, e.g. oral history, recorded interviews, music, radio and wildlife recordings, is.   The salary is £9.40 per hour, which is the current London Living Wage. The internship will start as soon as relevant security checks have been completed.

The advert is here - https://britishlibrary.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/birl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01000879

Please direct any further queries to Sue Davies:

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print