The team has been busy pulling together the latest exciting issue of
<http://insights.uksg.org/articles/10.1629/uksg.304/> Insights to keep you
going through the summer. We bring you a mix of new research articles
alongside a number of write-ups of presentations from the UKSG conference.

We are delighted to feature an interview with the new Chief Executive of
Jisc,  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.304> Paul Feldman, in which he explores
both his own role and his strategy for developing this key UK organization.
<http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.312> Ann Rossiter, Executive Director of
SCONUL, takes a very insightful look at the relationship between publishers
and libraries and how it could be enhanced to increase impact.

On the theme of publishing, we are delighted to feature an interview with
<http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.305> Anthony Cond, Director of Liverpool
University Press, in which he looks at his own role and at the resurgence of
the university press. Alongside this,  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.296>
Sarah Kalikman Lippincott brings us an interesting article looking at the
Library Publishing Coalition and how it is helping to organize libraries to
enhance scholarly publishing.

 <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.298> Karen Carden and her colleagues present a
case study looking at how they designed an accessible discovery interface at
the University of the Arts London, while  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.297>
Joanna Ball of the University of Sussex examines the issues and challenges
faced in delivering content in academic libraries.
<http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.302> Sarah Bull and Amanda Quimby delve into
the world of metadata and the importance of community collaboration in a
digital world.

 <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.299> Caroline Gale, Library Liaison Manager at
the University of Exeter, looks at innovative ways of working with customers
to help inform e-book purchasing strategies through engagement with student
library champions. And, rounding off this section,
<http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.309> Sarah Rayner and Desmond Coyle of the
University of Manchester give an overview of their customer-led 'Books Right
Here Right Now' campaign, which involved both print and e-books.

 <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.300> Linda Bennett and Dimity Flanagan explain
how the LSE undertook work to better measure the impact of digitized theses
on research, while  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.291> Jill Emery and Alison
Bobal evaluate the impact of gold open access (GOA) content on traditional
subscription journals in their article 'Gathering the needles'.

 <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.308> Chris Awre and his colleagues present an
overview of the HHuLOA (Hull, Huddersfield, Lincoln Open Access) project
which seeks to identify how OA support mechanisms can be used to assist with
the development of research.  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.303> Paul Walk
takes a different look at standards in his article on RIOXX, a metadata
profile designed to help institutions adopt a standard way of describing
their OA papers. And, finally,  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.301> Hannah
DeGroff presents her reflections on the outputs of the nine Jisc-funded
Pathfinder projects and Open Access Good Practice initiative, which have
produced a wide range of outputs to endorse and encourage best practice when
implementing OA across institutions.

Completing our bumper summer issue, we bring you a snapshot of the working
day of serials librarian,  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.274> James Kay, and
the Cambridge-based  <http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.310> TDM team,
ContentMine, led by Peter Murray-Rust.

We hope that you will find this issue as enlightening and fascinating as we
do, but, don't forget, Insights is always looking for articles from those
working across the scholarly communications community. UKSG and
<http://insights.uksg.org/> Insights are here to facilitate rewarding
communications across our industry, so your contributions are very welcome!

Steve Sharp and Lorraine Estelle
http://insights.uksg.org

*

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org