Hi

On 8 Jul 2016, at 09:31, Zerbi Valerio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear FSL experts,

I have a quick question that relates to the correct use of Dual_Regression inputs.

According to the wiki, one needs to use the group-melodic_IC.nii.gz file as input-mask for the dual_regression . I was wondering if the script itself applies a threshold on these ICs (e.g. 75th percentile) before measuring the mean time series, or it uses a weighted mean on the ICs scores.

No - no thresholding.

My question is then, is it valid to use a binary group-ICA masks (obtained from a separate control-group of subjects) to perform stage1 of dual regression? Or shall I use the original whole brain ICs not thresholded?

In general best to use the original maps as the dualreg regressors.

Cheers.

Best,
Valerio

---------
Valerio Zerbi PostDoc fellow
Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST) ETH Zürich
 Y36 M12 Winterthurerstrasse 190 8057 Zürich +41 44 63 56101

Head of Analysis,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet