Hi - yes we don't really have a tool for ALFF/FALFF in FSL, primarily because most of us are not big fans of those measures - they seem not to be sufficiently specific to meaningful resting-state-related neural fluctuations.

Cheers, Steve.

On 30 Jun 2016, at 23:35, Julian Yaoan Cheng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will review the papers on aCompCor and see how I can integrate that with the fsl modeling.
I do include the motion parameters via the rp_*.txt files from SPM, but this was admittedly an inadequate description since it would not have been obvious without familiarity with SPM.

Best,
Julian

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Eduardo Garza-Villarreal <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:44:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Generating ALFF and fALFF from resting state data

Hi Julian,

It's ok if you don't use Global Signal, but you have to use something. I recommend aCompCor: (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811911009657)

Now, if you are using FSL then you need to work on the Residual data, not the actual GLM results. The residual 4D rsfmri nifti file is the one you need to use to continue. I suggest you include the motion parameters, not just WM and CSF by the way, in the GLM.

I can't comment exactly on how to do it in FSL because I've only used AFNI for the GLM and fALFF.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Eduardo

Eduardo A. Garza-Villarreal, M.D., Ph.D.
  • CONACYT Research Fellow, Investigaciones Clínicas, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría, Mexico.
  • Visiting Senior Researcher, Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience, University of Aarhus, Denmark.