Dear Colleagues:

We would like to invite you to consider submitting an abstract to the AGU Fall meeting (San Francisco, 12–16 December 2016) to Session 12884:

“Hydrate bearing sediments:  characterization, modeling, and thermal, hydrological, and geomechanical behavior”

Session description:

Gas hydrates are widely distributed along the world’s continental margins and in permafrost regions. They are of great interest for their roles in global carbon cycle, climate change and slope stability, and as a potential energy resource. Hydrate formation involves the fundamental processes of methane generation, macro-scale fluid flow and methane transport, micro-scale hydrate nucleation and growth, and local geochemical and geomechanical changes. Recent advances have the potential to illuminate these fundamental processes through laboratory experiments, or flow and transport, biological and geomechanical models, or through the interpretation of field data. We welcome experimental, theoretical, or field-based contributions that illuminate the fundamental processes controlling hydrate formation in geological systems.

The abstract submission site is now open and will close on Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 23:59 EDT. This is a firm deadline and late submissions will not be accepted. More info about abstract submission can be found at: http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2016/abstract-submissions/

You can find more info about Session 12884 at: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/preliminaryview.cgi/Session12884

Please, distribute this call for abstracts to anyone who might be interested in this session. Thank you!

Session conveners:

Jeen-Shang Lin [log in to unmask]

Yongkoo Seol [log in to unmask]

Marcelo Sanchez [log in to unmask]

Steve Phillips [log in to unmask]

We look forward to receiving your abstracts.

Marcelo Sanchez, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
Texas A&M University
3136 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-3136

Tel. (+1) 979 862 6604 | Fax: (+1) 979 862 7696

Email Address: [log in to unmask]

https://ceprofs.civil.tamu.edu/msanchez/index.html