Dear Simone

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

It is true that, as you put it, academics 'survive' by providing metrics of impact for their research. The issue, as I see it, is what you want to do differently. Beyond survival.

My 'Shelf' picked to 200+ views since this morning... is this an indication of 'impact'?

More importantly, only one person emailed me privately, showing appreciation and saying:

I'm only a student and don't yet face the pressures faculty do. I've been thinking lately about an unaffiliated open access repository that's decentralized and peer-to-peer, so that papers might be published without any one identifiable entity responsible.

From my experience, many academics do love copyright and metrics for what they are. And I met many.

With warm wishes

Paolo

_______