The Open University Graduate School PhD Studentships

Please quote reference: 9613
Closing Date: 29 July, 2016 - 17:00

To mark the launch of our Graduate School in October 2016 The Open University is making a strategic investment in up to 30 PhD studentships for the brightest candidates who demonstrate the potential for success, and motivation for innovative engagement with the research community and the public.   Our Open University Graduate School PhD studentships will cover full fees and stipend for 3 years commencing October 2016. Applications are invited from UK and EU citizens for full-time study.

The Open University has a world class reputation for research that engages with some of the major issues facing the world today. We seek to transform lives by meeting the challenges of the 21st century and promoting social justice.  In doing so we make use of open and innovative forms of knowledge sharing, supported by digital technologies.

Our research student community is part of this research effort.  In joining us you will receive high quality supervision from leading academics, and training that will support you to reach your potential and develop as an open, engaged researcher in our digitally interconnected world.

This is a strategic investment in up to 30 studentships.  Applications are particularly encouraged in the following areas:
Education Futures
Mathematics
Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy
Business and Management
Social Work
Sociology
History