I would like to reinforce Randy's suggestion about looking at
relatives/structurally similar proteins that have less sequence
identity and superimposition to find a common core or set of models.
In this context, also try using FFAS
(http://ffas.sanfordburnham.org/ffas-cgi/cgi/ffas.pl), which have
found to be very useful.

Thanks,