By all means quote my note on Thomas, Mark, with my name attached.
Use the text herebelow - I've added an important point.

On 28 Jul 2016, at 23:32, Peter Riley wrote:

  The point was, I think, that he was inescapable (this was the 1950s
+), he was in the air you breathed, and whether you "liked" his poetry
or not didn't make much difference, you couldn't not know about it and
you couldn't not hear it. I was overwhelmed by it, and by Hopkins,
but I never attempted to write like either of them, because, I think,
I couldn't bring myself to claim that sonorous high ground. It's
possible to admire a poet unreservedly without being influenced in the
slightest.

I guess that in Cambridge (1959-63) the prevalent intense fear of
being cheated which was known as "discrimination" suppressed my
interest in Thomas, and there were people making truly vicious
speeches about him. But it was too late. It was too late too in the
subsequent ex-Cambridge discussions which we now apparently have to
refer to as "late Modernism". I don't believe he was ever mentioned
and whether I returned to reading him from time to time I can't
remember, but I know that when I picked up the 1996 revised Collected
Poems it replaced the 1953 Collected which I still had.

Thomas wasn't mentioned in those circles either because he wasn't
approved of or because he was taken for granted, I don't know. It
would probably depend on how heavy the stress was on the "New
American" thing. Probably Thomas wasn't popular there because he
didn't propose his poetical language as a power of transformation, but
it issued from the ordinary.

PR