An even better BoB is coming…
Dear BoB National Administrator,

We have been sending communications to individuals regarding the exciting new changes to BoB. Every active account should have received the below email.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding the transition.

Regards,

The BoB Team

BoB on demand TV and Radio for Education

An even better BoB is coming…

Hi there,

We’ve noticed you like using BoB, Learning on Screen’s on demand TV and radio service for education.

As a core Learning on Screen resource, we’ve wanted to bring our members an even better BoB for some time. Over the last year we’ve listened to what you, our members want, and invested heavily in the service. Here’s what you need to know about the upgrade…

On 1 August the new BoB will go live, with a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities. Then from September, we’re delighted to say BoB will deliver a whole host of improvements:

•          A platform working across desktop, iOS and Android devices

•          Media records based on our TRILT metadata, supporting more powerful                 searching capabilities

•          Better programme coverage and a permanent archive of content from                   nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 /                 More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra

•          Better thumbnail previews on search results

•          Preview clips before saving

•          Label your own clips

•          Personalised email alerts when programmes are ready to view

•          More detailed citation data

We’re really excited about the changes we’re making to the system, and we know you will be too

Limited content and functionality during upgrade period

Throughout August we’ll be working on fully upgrading the system but unfortunately, some of our archive content and some functionality won’t be available during this upgrade period.

When we go live on 1 August you won’t be able to access your saved clips and playlists, but don’t worry these will be accessible again in September. You may not be able to access some archive content broadcast before 1 July, too. There will be some programmes in our archive available before this date but not everything. Bear with us throughout August as we upgrade the system. Our archive content and enhanced functionality will be restored in September, along with all the exciting new features. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade period.

New Twitter handle

We communicate with a lot of you on Twitter, and we’ve updated our handle to reflect our new look. You can now find us @OnDemandBoB. All our followers and previous tweets will stay attached to the new handle, so if you’re following us you don’t need to do anything. Just make sure you tag @OnDemandBoB in your BoB tweets, as the old handle will no longer be active.

Upgrade promo video

To promote the BoB upgrade to your staff and students we’ve put together a short video highlighting all the exciting improvements. Please feel free to share this far and wide within your institutions. We want everyone to get as excited about the upgrade as we are!

Learning on Screen - The British Universities and Colleges Film and Video Council is a limited company registered in England under company number 955348, registered as a charity No. 313582, whose registered office is at 77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ

Learning on Screen