is an exhibition of Arup with financing by Volkswagen, and walking around reading the tags, I haven't a clue what Total Design might be, never mind its philosophy.

It reminds me though of the arguments about good design of urban environments with pro - poor policies and the role of information and information systems in the matter.

Now the V&A has woken up to engineering, rather than frocks, there might be a place here to rewrite a little history.  There is another exhibition coming up, involving the whole earth catalog, and anyone who has copies of that has a valuable resource.

Indeed I'd like to know whether anyone has any archives at all.

John Lindsay
Reader in Information Systems Design
Kingston University,
Kingston Upon Thames,