Margaret Houghton has many layers, just like the city whose lore she has
long immersed herself in.

The collective moan you heard this week was historians and journalists and
the curious learning she just retired.

Over the years they made the pilgrimage to Local History and Archives on
the third floor of the Central Library on York Boulevard, seeking answers
from the woman who seems staid and librarian-like, but who is not.

http://bit.ly/29xsRYV
http://bit.ly/29xsRYV+

We’ve all heard the saying, “when you do what you love, you’ll never work
another day in your life.” That’s certainly true for archivist Margaret
Houghton, who retired this week after spending nearly 38 years working in
Hamilton’s local history and archives department. (Video)
http://bit.ly/29BMe1F
http://bit.ly/29BMe1F+

--
Peterk