Today we are thrilled to announce that, thanks to a cross-team migration effort, nearly every article published since 2004 is available to our readers in the new and improved design.

As so often happens, the seemingly ordinary task of content migration quickly ballooned into a complex project involving a number of technical challenges. Turns out, converting the approximately 14 million articles published between 1851–2006 into a format compatible with our current CMS and reader experiences was not so straightforward.

http://nyti.ms/2aFHkUU

http://nyti.ms/2aFHkUU+

--
Peterk