Dear Colleagues,

Following on from consultation with archive services, encouraging the sharing of information and providing a central information hub for collecting policies has been highlighted as something the Scottish Council on Archives can facilitate for the benefit of the sector.

The SCA is now seeking to establish an information hub for collecting policies across Scotland. We would be grateful if you could complete a brief survey (http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TDL3E/). This survey should only take 15 minutes or less to complete. You can save and return to your survey if you are unable to complete it in one sitting. Your participation in the survey will allow us to coordinate and provide a central hub for this information.

The survey will also allow us to improve and expand the profiles of services and their collections on our Archives Map - http://www.scottisharchives.org.uk/map

The survey will be closed on Friday 14 October 2016 and we hope to provide a one-stop information hub from the results by the end of the year.

A number of institutions have already submitted copies of their collecting policies. We would be grateful if you are able to ensure you complete our survey and to indicate whether or not you consent to your submitted policies being shared on the SCA website.

If you would like to add your collecting policy and are happy to share it with others, please email a copy of it to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you very much in advance,

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Wright
Communication and Operations Officer

Scottish Council on Archives
General Register House 2 Princes Street Edinburgh EH1 3YY
W www.scottisharchives.org.uk<http://www.scottisharchives.org.uk/> E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> T +44 131 535 1362 M +44 7875 200 694 Follow us @ScotsArchives<https://twitter.com/#!/ScotsArchives>

A Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SC044553)

Scottish Council on Archives Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of the Scottish Council on Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.