Position: Archives Assistant (Digitisation) Fixed Term contract 15 months (Full time, 35 hours per week)

Location: Devizes, Wiltshire

Salary: £17,000pa

To help Royal Voluntary Service deliver its ‘Hidden Histories of a million Wartime Women’ Kickstarter funded project we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Archives Assistant to undertake our digitisation programme.

A highly regarded national charity with over 75 years of proud history, we are dedicated to helping older people stay active and independent and support over 100,000 older people each month all over Britain. The charity has a turnover in excess of £70 million, over 35,000 volunteers and around 1,600 employees with a focus on delivering services in local communities. Ambitions are high, with the desire to ensure that in a rapidly ageing population, there is support in all communities across the UK. Through the power of volunteering we will help our older people continue as active, contributing members of society.

This fixed contract (15 months), full time role starting at the beginning of September 2016 will deliver the digitisation of c.40,000 pages of WVS Narrative Reports from the years 1938-1942 as well as organising the production and delivery of rewards to our Kickstarter supporters and providing regular updates.

This will include:

- Digitisation of fragile original archival documents

- Compiling, converting, editing, organising and uploading digital images to the RVS online catalogue

- Writing, producing and creating updates for Kickstarter backers and the general public

- Administration of the Kickstarter supporters rewards fulfillment

The successful candidate will have:

- An Undergraduate degree in History or related subject (desireable)

- Experience of using digital SLR camera equipment and Image management and editing software.

- Excellent organisational skills

- Excellent resilience with the ability to sustain repetitive tasks over long periods of time

To find out more about our Kickstarter project, visit www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/amillionwomen

To find out more about the Archive & Heritage Collection visit www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/our-history or read our Heritage Blog www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/hbblog

To find out more about the role LINK TO ABM  job description

Application process to include RVS application form and CV.

Please find more information, a job description and application form here http://www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/about-us/working-for-us/job/2726-archives-assistant

Closing date: 15/07/2016

Interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd August 2016 at the Royal Voluntary Service Archive & Heritage Collection in Devizes.

This role is not one which is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Please complete section 2 of the application form regarding non DBS/PVG roles.

Best wishes

Matthew

Matthew McMurray BA(Hons) MA MLitt

Archivist

Royal Voluntary Service Archive & Heritage Collection

Unit 1a Bath Road Business Centre

Bath Road

Devizes

SN10 1XA