Hello all,

Following the successful WFTHN event, Breaking the Sound Barrier at BFI Southbank on 18 June, we would like to draw your attention to our play about a (fictional) female foley artist in the 60s: Dusty Horne's Sound and Fury. We're on at the RADA Festival next week and then the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for the month of August:

Dusty Horne is on a quest to step out of Jack Foley's shadow, where she has spent her career 'heard but never seen'. Aided by her long-suffering assistant Nicholas, Dusty takes us through her filmography, from Alfred Hitchcock to Roger Corman, on a madcap journey through the magic of sound on film. If you're lucky, you might even get to try your hand at some live foley too…

RADA Festival:
Gielgud Theatre, RADA,Thursday 30th June, 7pm; Saturday 2nd July, 9pm. Tickets are available here.

Edinburgh Fringe Festival: Pleasance Queen Dome, 3rd – 29th of August (not 15th) at 2:30pm. Tickets are available here.

It's a funny and charming play that touches on so much we discussed at last week's BFI event: the power of sound on film, having your voice heard as a woman in Hollywood –  and of course there's a good bit of 'Beryl the Boot' in Dusty Horne, who'd definitely like to see herself as the 'Grand Old Dame of British Foley'!

For more information on the play, images, etc please visit: www.honeastend.com, or follow us on Twitter: @TheDustyHorne

We hope to see you at the show! Be sure to come and say hello afterwards. And if you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to email us.

Frank and Natasha

--

Honourable East End Company

07944 062 940