Hi All,

Fully ESRC funded PhD scholarship in surveillance, big data and human rights supervised by me at the University of Essex, UK. The studentship will form part of our Human Rights in an Era of Big Data and ICT project and covers fees, an annual maintenance grant of £14,296 for three years, and additional funding for advanced research methods training.

Further details here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/pgapply/HRBDTProjectStudentship_WS2.PDF

Project website: http://www.hrbdt.ac.uk/

Proposals for research focusing on the UK, US, Germany, Brazil and India are particularly welcome although applications for other areas of study are also welcome. Our work focuses broadly on activities of law enforcement/security.

Please advertise to anyone who you feel may benefit. Feel free to contact me (cc'ing Catherine Kent [log in to unmask]) with any queries/questions not covered by the ad.

With very best wishes,

Pete.

Professor Pete Fussey
Department of Sociology
University of Essex
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester
CO4 3SQ
UK
+44(0)1206 872748

Co-director of the Surveillance Studies Network: http://www.surveillance-studies.net<http://www.surveillance-studies.net/>

New Major ESRC Project: Human Rights in an Era of Big Data and ICT: www.hrbdt.ac.uk

NEW BOOK: Criminology: A Sociological Introduction (Routledge)
FORTHCOMING (2016): Child Trafficking in the EU: Policing and Protecting Europe's Most Vulnerable (Routledge)