Dear Miguel an Teresa

As usual I am in a hurry and don’t have the time to do a full comment to your article. I just read it quickly and enjoyed it thoroughly, and think it is a shame to always keep on going and not at least congratulate your writing.

I think your argument in the importance of this relational (configurational) way of understanding space is/was a major beakthrough, and many of us who have been involved with SS for so long sometimes forget its importance (we take it for granted). I also think that your point of the newtonian perspective still ruling the approach to architecture and urban design is probably because of its simpler and tactile understanding, yet has proven not to be enough so many times.
I also share the challenges you identify and, more important, the possibilities offered by the GIS tools and Big Data.

So, congratulations and I am sure the Lisbon meeting will be great!

best
Margarita

Margarita Greene Z.
Profesor Titular Escuela de Arquitectura
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
fono: +562 2354 5603