Thank you all for the very useful conversation. Even if apprenticeships are not appropriate or provided for academic staff, the discussion about conceptualising academic and "academic professional" has been illuminating. Not all Ed Devs (among many other "higher" HE roles) have PhDs and many are not on academic contracts. Professional Doctorates are becoming popular in Education schools more widely.

George

Dr George Roberts
Principal Lecturer, Educational Development
Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development
Oxford Brookes University

+44 7711 698465
@georgeroberts

Have you seen: