Dear Colleagues

The Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (LFHE, http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/) have commissioned a some research to explore the impact of coaching in Higher Education.  In particular the study sets out to identify the ways in which we use and value coaching in Higher Education and to find out how we know if it works.  More details can be found on the attached information sheet.

The outputs from the research will be in two parts – the findings and the provocation.

The findings will include a review of the literature; an analysis of the ways in which coaching is used, valued and evaluated; and up to six case studies of HE institutions demonstrating some of the ways in which coaching is used and how the impact is measured.

The provocation will include a challenge to the notion of the Return on Investment for coaching interventions and/or a provocation to the sector on approaches to the ways that the value of coaching is assessed, which may or may not involve financial or other metrics.

We are part way through the project and are now writing to give you an opportunity to contribute to this important research that will help us to understand more about coaching in Higher Education.  If you are interested in participating, please read the attached Information Sheet and then click on the link to complete the survey, which should take about 15 minutes.  We are interested to receive your responses as soon as possible and the final deadline for the survey is 30 June 2016.

https://bournemouth.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/evaluating-the-impact-of-coaching-in-he-copy

Thank you.

Best wishes

Colleen

Dr Colleen Harding

Head of Organisational Development

Bournemouth University

Fern Barrow, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB

Email: charding@bournemouth.ac.uk

Telephone: 01202 965014

Follow us on Twitter: @OD_BU

BU is a Disability Two Ticks Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.