I know it’s considered bad Records Management practice but we have certain records type that currently have an indefinite retention period. Examples are (i) Drug Safety records that our regulators tell us have to be kept “for ever”, (ii) Company Secretarial records that have to be retained for the lifetime of the company but we don’t know what that will be.

What approach do people take to recording these in archive databases? Currently our Destruction/Review Date field is a text field so we can enter what we like, but it prevents us from running meaningful searches. I’d like to change it to a proper date field. So would you then have a second field to indicate a reason for those without dates, or use a nominal date some time a long way in the future for the “indefinite” records?

Thanks,

Neil.

UCB Celltech is the UK branch of UCB Pharma S.A., a company registered in Belgium with registered offices at Allée de la Recherche 60, 1070 Brussels, Belgium, KBO/BCE nr. 0403.096.168, RPR/RPM Brussels.
UCB Celltech’s UK branch registration number is BR009137 and its UK representative office is at 208 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3WE.

(Ref: #*CUK0308) [Ref-CUK0308]

Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies which may be in your possession. UCB screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. UCB accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail. (Ref: #*UG1107) [Ref-UG1107]

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]