Hello everyone, the retreat sounds fantastic. I am working on my Masters and have just submitted my proposal. I I wonder if any of the speakers will be recorded? I'm living in Victoria, BC, Canada and sadly cannot attend the retreat.

Thanks, Hazel Meredith

Sent from my iPhone

On 2016-06-03, at 3:27 AM, "Jean Hannah" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

​​Hi everyone -

Following the success of the last Realist Writers' Retreat in Stirling earlier in the year,  a further one is booked for Friday and Saturday the 17th and 18th of June 2016.

The event will begin with Rowdy Yates, President, European Federation of Therapeutic Communities​ and recently retired Senior Research Fellow, Scottish Addiction Studies, University of Stirling (though appears just as busy as ever with frequent international speaking commitments and projects). Rowdy will guide and inspire us on writing techniques to focus our mindsets. Rowdy's own style of writing means that when you begin reading his work, you don't want to put it down till the end is reached. He challenges, provokes thought and insight and changes the way readers think.

We have two additional excellent realist speakers planned:

Dr Steve Rolfe - Examining the impacts of community participation policy and practice in Scotland and England

Research Assistant, Housing Studies, University of Stirling

Dr David Blane - Interventions targeted at primary care practitioners to improve the identification and referral of patients with co-morbid obesity​

CSO Clinical Academic Fellow in General Practice, University of Glasgow.

The focus is on writing, but as at the last retreat, if anyone would like a short presentation slot of 10-15 mins, we can ensure this opportunity is provided. We all found it really interesting to hear what others were doing in the realist world and to get peer support with any complexities we were facing in an encouraging and supportive setting.

A final point is that it does not matter what stage participants are at, whether fully established realist researchers or early career researchers, perhaps undertaking a masters or in year one of a PhD. All that is needed is something to write and an interest in or curiosity about realist evaluation and synthesis.

Please do get in touch at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] if you would like to join us

Best wishes,

Jean and Mari

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2015
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.