Dear all

Sense about Science is recruiting for a communications officer. We are looking for an articulate, motivated and ambitious individual who will provide communications support and publicise our activities and events.

This is a full time role in central London, salary c. £19K - £21k. Deadline is 9am Monday 11th July 2016.

Full job description is here: http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/vacancies.html, and pasted below.

Please circulate this to your networks, tweet about it, and mention it to anyone you think might be interested.

Best wishes

Julia

Communications officer

Sense about Science is an independent campaigning charity that challenges the misrepresentation of science and evidence in public life. We advocate openness and honesty about research findings, and work to ensure the public interest in sound science and evidence is recognised in public discussion and policy making. We focus on socially and scientifically difficult issues such as agriculture and energy where evidence is neglected, politicised or misleading.

We are recruiting for a communications officer who will provide communications support and publicise our activities and events. The role involves:

They will provide assistance to the director of communications and general administrative support as needed.

The successful candidate will be articulate, motivated and ambitious about our aims. It is a busy office and no two days are the same so you need to be able to plan well but adapt quickly. The ideal candidate will have:

Salary: £19k–£21k – permanent contract (3 month trial period). Holiday: 28 days (inc public holidays), 1 additional day after each year in post, and discretionary Christmas break days. Central London (EC1R).

Please complete the application form (the questions can be previewed here) and send a short CV to the director of operations Julia Wilson [log in to unmask] by 9am on Monday 11th July 2016. Please call Julia if you want to discuss the post and your suitability: 020 7490 9590

Julia Wilson

Director of operations

Sense about Science
Because evidence matters

www.senseaboutscience.org | @senseaboutsci | Facebook
14A Clerkenwell Green | London | EC1R ODP | +44 207 490 9590

Sense about Science is a charity that promotes understanding and use of scientific evidence and challenges its misrepresentation. We depend on donations, large and small, from people who support our work. Donate now. Registered Charity No 1146170, Company No. 6771027.

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)