Dear all,

An encouragement to nominate for PSA Awards, please! Last year there were a lot of great women honoured at the ceremony, including our own Prof Sarah Childs, who received a Special Recognition Award! So please send in lots of noms!

BW M & F

From: Political Studies Association <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Political Studies Association <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, 1 June 2016 17:29
To: User <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: PSA Awards - Call for Nominations

[Facebook icon]<http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-fb-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-t/>
Like<http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-fb-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-i/>
                [Twitter icon] <http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-tw-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-d/>
Tweet<http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-tw-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-h/>
                [Forward icon] <http://politicalstudiesassociation.forwardtomyfriend.com/j-fdhhkzuh-0E3CB294-kjdtdyk-l-k>
Forward<http://politicalstudiesassociation.forwardtomyfriend.com/j-fdhhkzuh-0E3CB294-kjdtdyk-l-u>

[http://i2.cmail19.com/ti/j/7B/0FF/F89/233538/images/psa-email-header.102116.gif]

2016 PSA Awards - Call for Nominations
        [http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/j/1C/E34/B3D/csimport/JonSnowPSAAwards2015.170203.jpg]

Dear Colleague,

Following an extremely busy and exciting year in politics - it's your chance to have your say, and submit nominations for the PSA's 2016 Awards! We'd like to hear from as many of our members as possible, and there's no limit on how many or few nominations you can send in to us.

Have you been impressed with the innovative teaching style of a colleague? A politician who deserves to be named 'Politician of the Year'? Or perhaps a journalist who is at the top of their game?

The PSA Awards represent an opportunity for the Association to recognise the achievements of those people and organisations that have had the most significant impact or made the most impressive contributions to our political life.

It is important to bear in mind that in conferring an award the PSA is in no way supporting or opposing a particular person, policy or viewpoint but merely acknowledging an influence or "achievement".

Please note:

  *   The deadline for nominations is Wednesday 6 July.
  *   Nominations are invited for the categories listed below, and detailed further on the nomination form<http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-l-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-e/>. You can nominate in as many or as few categories as you wish, though the Awards Jury may decide not to make awards in all categories.
  *   Nominations should be sent to Avnish Patel<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. You will find a complete list of all previous Award winners here<http://politicalstudiesassociation.cmail19.com/t/j-l-kjdtdyk-fdhhkzuh-s/>.
  *   Please include a sentence or two to explain your choice (we cannot accept nominations without some justification).

Award Categories:

Politics Awards

Politician of the Year

Parliamentarian of the Year

Lifetime Achievement in Politics

Democratic Innovation

Best Use of Evidence

Influencing Government/Shaping the Agenda

Best Campaign/Campaigner

Best European Union Referendum Campaign/Campaigner

Radical of the Year

Best Use of Social Media

Media Awards

Journalist/Broadcaster of the Year

Enlightening the Public

Contribution to the Arts and Culture

Political Image of the Year

Academic Awards

Special Recognition Award(s)

Sir Isaiah Berlin Prize for Lifetime Contribution to Political Studies

Political Studies Communicator/Public Understanding of Politics

Innovation in Teaching Politics

Best wishes,

Helena Djurkovic

CEO